Tips To Fundraise Your Way To Success
You’ve taken the first step by signing up for the Race To End Child Homelessness. Now it’s time to
start working toward your fundraising goal! Every dollar you raise will support families with rent support, eviction prevention, and other forms of direct assistance to keep children stable in their housing.
Here are some fundraising tips to help you get started:
- Set a goal. A goal gives you something to reach for while fundraising. You can measure your progress against this amount. If you reach the goal, you can always raise it and work toward a new target!
- Share your story. This race is personal and your fundraising should be too. Fundraisers who include a photo and story about why they walk on their personal page raise three times as much as those who do not.
- Lead the way. Kick off your fundraising with a self-donation.
- Email, email, email. On average, one in five fundraising emails will result in a donation. The more emails you send, the better your odds for receiving a donation. Use one of the sample emails available online or draft your own.
- Get social. Share your reason to End Child Homelessness on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social networks in order to maximize your fundraising reach.
- Take it offline. Those who raise funds both online and offline raise three times more than those who fundraise just one way. Have a bake sale, make a phone call, or start a conversation while at a community event.
How to Boost Your Fundraising